Unfinished Kitchen Cabinet Doors - There are two options to choose from when purchasing cabinet doors – finished kitchen cabinet doors and unfinished kitchen cabinet doors. Purchasing unfinished kitchen cabinet doors are a great way to make it design on your own. They come without any paint which makes it possible to select the paint of your choice. When purchasing these doors, it is advised to consider the type of wood. You will notice that the kitchen cabinet doors are the focal point of your room or kitchen. Thus, when a visitor enters the room, they might be attracted to the design or the style. The need for having an attractive cabinet door thus arises. You need to do a thorough research to get the door of your liking.
One extremely affordable way to update the look of your kitchen is to explore the many styles of unfinished kitchen cabinet doors available. Usually falling in the range of $5 to $50 each. It's depending on the type of wood, size and style of the doors, unfinished kitchen cabinet doors can be an economical and efficient way to give your kitchen a new look.
If you're shopping for unfinished kitchen cabinet doors, the first consideration will be style. Do you want to add a sleek, modern touch to your cabinets, or are you looking for a more traditional design? Crisp lines and angular cutouts will work best with a modern design, whereas Shaker or Craftsman-style cabinets provide a more traditional look.
Once you've settled on a style, you'll need to choose your wood. Cherry is a very high-end choice, known for its excellent durability and an attractive natural color, ranging from deep brown to red. Maple, oak and hickory are also top-quality choices. Pine works well for a rustic, country kitchen look. Exotic woods like mahogany, ebony and bamboo are at the top of the price spectrum, but they're known for extreme durability and a uniquely attractive unfinished appearance.
Benefits of Unfinished Kitchen Cabinet Doors
The unfinished cabinet door is convenient than the finished door provided you have the interest and patience to give it a proper finish.
- Creativity and style – With unfinished doors you get the opportunity to show your creativity. You can select the material and stain depending on your choice. Select or design it on your own. In case you want the cabinet door to be slightly different from the cabinet, you can do it on your own. The unfinished door is more of a blank canvas which you can design on your own. You don’t need to settle for the ones that come with it.
- Affordable, saves money – Everyone likes to save a bit of money. Unfinished doors are more economical compared to the pre designed doors.
- Best way to remodel cabinet – Another advantage is that you buy unfinished wood cabinet doors and renovate it with a glass or steel handle for convenience. Change the looks of the cabinet with little investment and creativity. This remodeling might not be possible when you purchase a furnished door.
- Less chance of cracks or gaps – Since the wood or ply is exposed without a layer of paint or any lamination, you are sure that there are no gaps or cracks. In case of finished cabinet door, there can be hidden cracks and gaps concealed by paints, varnishes or laminates. These cracks and gaps can reduce the longevity of the cabinet door.
- Extra treatment for termites and other insects – You can treat the unfinished cabinet doors for termites and other insects and then do the painting, polishing or pasting of laminates. Termites and insects are the worst enemies of wood. It is always better to be doubly sure and disinfect the door once again.
- Little damage doesn’t matter – When you purchase unfinished doors an advantage is that a little scratch of mark or paint on it doesn’t matter. You can always make it up when you finish the door. But this would have been a big thing if it was furnished.
One of the best ways to upgrade your kitchen is to explore the numerous styles of unfinished kitchen cabinet doors. You can purchase a stylish and affordable range of these cabinet doors for the kitchen cabinet, bathroom cabinet or any other cabinet.
Finally, you'll need to decide if a fully unfinished look is right for your kitchen, or if you want to paint or stain your new doors and cabinets. Your options are virtually unlimited, but keep in mind that certain woods accept stain better than others—so if it's your plan to stain, do some research up front to ensure the wood will comply with your plan.
- Title: L Shaped Unfinished Kitchen Cabinet Doors
- Date: March 5, 2016
- CAtegory: Kitchen
- By: Stevanus Kevin
- Resolution: 1024 x 683
Kitchen Cabinet Doors, reface kitchen cabinet, unfinished cabinet doors, unfinished kitchen cabinet